Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Zero Effort Banana Bread

I needed to be doing something very involved -and let's just call it dry- so instead, I smushed two brown bananas in a bowl and threw in a half a cup of sugar, two cups of unsweetened applesauce and then guilt struck me and I came back to do what I was supposed to do.
About six hours later, I remembered the bowl of stuff on the counter and added a handful of chopped pecans, a dash or two of vanilla, a medium egg, a small bit of salt and mixed it all in. I turned the oven to 350 degrees and lined my bread pan with wax paper and then oiled it (I actually used olive oil and I can't taste it since I used so little of it.)
Oh yeah, I then thought my mix looked runny- and remembered it had no flour(or for that matter baking soda)- so added 1.5 cups of Whole wheat flour and a teaspoon of baking soda. I also added some cinnamon - mixed it all for about thirty seconds, threw it in the oven for an hour and awesome healthy banana bread happened!
OK, now I need to go back to working on the stuff I need to work on and stop procrastinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment